August 7, 2012 by The Sweet Prima Donna (Brooke B.)
When I first started my blog I wasn’t quite sure what it was going to entail. Between coming up with recipes, answering comments, joining different websites to get more of an outreach it has been a very time consuming experience, but also a really great one.
I’ve read many, many fantastic baking, cooking, and healthy eating blogs within the past couple of weeks to get an idea of what I liked so I could model certain aspects of my blog on the different parts of the other blogs that I enjoyed.
I’ve decided that I love guest posts, and also the random, fun posts some bloggers put up of things they’re enjoying or a recap of what they’ve done within the past week. What I’ve decided to do with The Sweet Prima Donna is to post one recipe every week (and another one on Monday if I extra time that week, or on Wednesday if there is no guest post that week), either on Thursday or Friday, and also post one fun post a week on Tuesdays of things I’m loving that I’d like to share with you guys! When I do have a guest post I will post it on Wednesday, so that it will not mess up the Thursday/Friday schedule of a recipe post.
I’ve found two excellent ladies already who I will be partnering up with to do a guest post. If you are interested, please don’t hesitate to ask! Even if your blog isn’t a healthy dessert blog, I’d still love to share one of your recipes because every now and then there is some room in the diet! So please just let me know, I love hearing from everyone!
Also don’t hesitate to make dessert requests! I have many ideas of recipes to come, but I want to health-ify recipes that you enjoy too! So I’d love to have some requests!
My contact information is listed in the bottom of my about me and on my sidebar, but I will list it here as well for easy access.
Pinterest: The Sweet Prima Donna Board -feel free to follow all my boards, or just The Sweet Prima Donna board! (:
Bloggers: http://bloggers.com/thesweetprimadonna – friend me, message me, whatever you feel like!
And with that I present to you my first ever Top Things Tuesday!
Top Things Tuesday
1. Michael Buble- “Feeling Good”
Just this past week I was listening to Jason Mraz radio on Slacker Radio, and on came Michael Buble. Now I’ve definitely heard him before, but this song blew me away and made me fall deeply in love! (haha) His voice is incredible, and I love the usage and sounds of the instruments in this song! I love all types of music, but generally wouldn’t pin myself as a Michael Buble fan, well guess what Michael, looks like you have yourself a new fan!
(Michael Buble. Photo not by me.)
2. Maroon 5- “Pure Imagination”
Yet again Slacker radio has done it! It introduced me to this beautiful version of “Pure Imagination” performed by Maroon 5. The track was featured on the CD for President Obama’s inauguration in 2009, which also has many classics redone by some fresh artists that bring a new feeling to the songs. You can find the CD on itunes, and I bet if you looked around it is on other websites, such as amazon.
3. While pinning away, one of my personal favorite pastimes, I stumbled upon this (The Cape Cod Collegiate) tumbler. I’m in love!! I know I say love, more than I should, but hey what is a girl to do when she has lots of love to go around? Anywho, this blog is full of things that are right up my alley, style wise, and I bet if you take a look around you’ll like some of what you see! Here is the pinterest account too, just in case you see something on the tumbler you’d like to pin. (Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/source/capecodcollegiate.tumblr.com/)
(This was the picture that caught my attention. Super cute! – Photo not by me.)
4. I’m loving anything and all things monogrammed. Can’t quite tell you why, but after a quick search of preppy totes, which is what I was looking for for school, I came across many different monogrammed items from car stickers to totes and I thought all of it was adorable. Out of all the monogrammed pieces I saw though this dress caught my eye!
Unfortunately there was no link, but trust me I’m going to scout out the interent to no end to find this adorable baby!
(Photo by cookies and cups.)
Does this even need a caption? Haha, this looks ridiculously yummy!
Recipe link: http://cookiesandcups.blogspot.com/2011/03/get-your-pudge-on.html
6. The Olympics have been on and they’ve been fantastic! I really am enjoying watching them, which comes as a surprise because if you ask anyone who knows me I have not one drop of athleticism in me, nor do I generally care to watch sports. The Olympics though I have started a little fire in me, so who knows maybe I’ll tune into the sports channel every now and then from now on!
7. Now, I can’t mention the Olympics without mentioning one name: Ryan Lochte. Love, love, love, love, love! Again, no better word.
(Photo via Espn.com)
Don’t drool too much! (;
8. The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory
(Photo not by me.)
Two sisters competing for the greatest prize: the love of a king.
A rich and compelling novel of love, sex, ambition, and intrigue, The Other Boleyn Girl introduces a woman of extraordinary determination and desire who lived at the heart of the most exciting and glamorous court in Europe and survived by following her heart.
When Mary Boleyn comes to court as an innocent girl of fourteen, she catches the eye of Henry VIII. Dazzled, Mary falls in love with both her golden prince and her growing role as unofficial queen. However, she soon realizes just how much she is a pawn in her family”s ambitious plots as the king”s interest begins to wane and she is forced to step aside for her best friend and rival: her sister, Anne. Then Mary knows that she must defy her family and her king and take her fate into her own hands.
(Summary via http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/37470.The_Other_Boleyn_Girl)
This book is literally a page tuner. I’m an avid reader, but now I’ve become a slightly obsessed reader because I don’t want to put it down! It is the kind of book you stay up until 2 or 3 in the morning reading just because you want to know what happens next because you feel so connected!
9. ORANGE LEAF (Froyo Bar)
(My Sister & I’s first Orange Leaf experience! Photo by me.)
I had my first Orange Leaf experience back in June and ever since then I can’t get enough! It was pretty disappointing that the Orange Leaf I went to was an hour from my house, so it was looking like I wouldn’t be having a lot, but lucky for me I found out several days later they were opening one five minutes from my house! I’m going to be quite the frequenter, and already have an Orange Leaf card up and running.. for every ten dollars you spend, you get one free ounce.. to give you an idea after my first trip alone I already have 2 free ounces! Somebody has to eat the froyo, I guess I’ll be the one!
So, that is it, sorry for such a long post! Everything I’m loving this week, it was a little long, but like I said I’ve got a lot of love to go around. Hope you check out some of the stuff above, or let me know what you think about anything I’ve listed above!
xox & sugar from the kitchen,
P.S- Here is The Sweet Prima Donna’s recipe wrap up from last week